Seron-MDX™ varnish is a New Zealand manufactured, superior, easy to use oil based marine grade gloss single pack timber finish for the ultimate protection of your timber surfaces in New Zealand’s harsh environment. It provides maximum exterior and interior durability and colour retention utilising our proprietary technology. Seron-MDX Varnish gives a clear transparent hard protective gloss finish / film, and provides the highest level of protection for both interior and exterior woodwork, doors, windows, trim, furniture, paneling and timber projects. Seron-MDX varnish is typically used on wood outside where protection from UV light and water is critical.
- Exceptionally durable
- High performance
- Quick drying (Fast project time)
- Easy to apply
- Highlights and protects timber
- Resistance to abrasion, water, alcohol and most household chemicals
Typically only one coat is necessary. Two to three coats of varnish can be applied, depending on the finish required. 0.5 Litre will cover approximately 2 Square Meters. One (1) Litre will cover approximately 4 Square Meters depending on substrate and timber type.
Seron-MDX™ is intended primarily for surface application by brush,roller, or airless spraying and clean-up is with mineral turpentine.
Typically a re-coat will be required after 6 to 8 years.
We can also supply a suitable Xylol Blend Thinner for spraying and thinning.
Please note you can now select your prefered product packaging.
- Seron-MDX™ will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure
- Seron-MDX™ is non-corrosive to metals
- Can be used on other wood structures
- Will penetrate the timber rapidly
- For best results apply to dry timber
Seron-MDX™ is idealy suited for:
- Protection for both interior and exterior woodwork
- Outdoor Furniture
- Doors, Windows, Trim
- Paneling and Timber Projects
- Boats and Yachts
For more detailed information please see our documents below.
Packaging: Available in 0.5, 1, 2, and 10 Litre containers. Plastic jerry can, Metal flasks with bericap, Metal open top paint pail.
- Seron-MDX™ begins as oil, but it's cooked with a resin to produce a drying, hard, wood finish. Its dominant role is that of a protective coating on the surface.
- Seron-MDX™ is a New Zealand manufactured, poly-acrylic polymer product which will penetrate the timber rapidly due to its viscosity.
- Seron-MDX™ gives a high degree of water repellence and will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure.
- Seron-MDX™ is flammable but the treated wood, after drying, presents no greater fire hazard than ordinary timber.
- Seron-MDX™ is non-corrosive to metals and can have a protective action on iron and steel.
These documents contain important information about:
- Material Safety Data
- General Information
- Safe use
- First Aid
- Clean Up
- Available Packing Sizes
- and more information
Note: To view the following PDF documents, you will require some type of PDF-reader plugin on your system.
If you need an up-to-date plugin you can install Adobe's free PDF reader from here.
To be updated