Seron-CON™ varnish is a New Zealand manufactured, superior, easy to use oil based construction grade timber protection varnish for the ultimate protection of your timber surfaces from New Zealand’s harsh environment experienced during the construction phase of your project. It provides maximum exterior protection and durability utilising our proprietary technology. Seron-CON Varnish gives a clear transparent hard protective gloss finish / film, and provides the highest level of protection for exterior woodwork, doors, windows, trim, paneling and framing during the construction phase of your projects. Seron-CON varnish is typically used on wood outside where protection from UV light and water is critical and is ideally suited for the protection of Cedar and other exotic Wood types.
- Exceptionally durable
- High performance
- Quick drying (Fast project time)
- Easy to apply
- Resistance to UV, abrasion, water, alcohol and most cleaning chemicals
- Provides the best protection for your exotic timber during the project construction phase
Looking for the perfect finish for your timber project when construction is complete? View our wide range of varnishes and colour stains (StainDex™).
Only one coat is necessary. 0.5 Litre will cover approximately 3 Square Meters. One (1) Litre will cover approximately 6 Square Meters depending on substrate and timber type.
Seron-CON™ is intended primarily for surface application by brush,roller, or airless spraying and clean-up is with mineral turpentine.
Typically a re-coat with Seron-EHP or Seron-MDX will be required after 1 year.
We can also supply a suitable Hexane Blend Thinner for spraying and thinning.
Please note you can now select your prefered product packaging.
- Seron-CON™ will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure
- Seron-CON™ is non-corrosive to metals
- Can be used on other wood structures
- Will penetrate the timber rapidly
- For best results apply to dry timber
Seron-CON™ is idealy suited on Cedar and other exotic wood, for:
- Protection for both interior and exterior woodwork during project construction phase
- Doors, Windows, Trim
- Paneling and Timber Projects
For more detailed information please see our documents below.
Packaging: Available in 0.5, 1, 2, 10 and 20 Litre containers. Plastic jerry can, Metal flasks with bericap, Metal open top paint pail.
- Seron-CON™ begins as oil, but it's cooked with a resin to produce a drying, hard, wood finish. Its dominant role is that of a protective coating on the surface.
- Seron-CON™ is a New Zealand manufactured, alkyd / phenolic polymer product which will penetrate the timber rapidly due to its viscosity.
- Seron-CON™ gives a high degree of water repellence and will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure.
- Seron-CON™ is flammable but the treated wood, after drying, presents no greater fire hazard than ordinary timber.
- Seron-CON™ is non-corrosive to metals and can have a protective action on iron and steel.
These documents contain important information about:
- Material Safety Data
- General Information
- Safe use
- First Aid
- Clean Up
- Available Packing Sizes
- and more information
Note: To view the following PDF documents, you will require some type of PDF-reader plugin on your system.
If you need an up-to-date plugin you can install Adobe's free PDF reader from here.
To be updated