FlexsoTar ™ is a high build dense black epoxy/bitumen co-polymer based two pack product. The product sets to render a tough, durable and UV stable gloss black, flexible rubbery finish. This product is non-toxic and can safely be used in applications where it comes into contact with drinkable water.
FlexsoTar ™ is a versatile sealer that can be used in a wide range of applications. Such as:
- Concrete tile and metal roof repairs: - FlexsoTar™ can be used in conjunction with fibreglass membrane or hemp cloth to form a laminate or on its own for long lasting repairs of leaks, etc.
- Animal drinking troughs: - FlexsoTar™ can be used on concrete drinking troughs to render a high quality water proof liner. The liner will also protect against moss and will make cleaning effortless.
- Vehicle undercarriage protection: - FlexsoTar™ will give a long lasting, durable coating on vehicle undercarriages and will prevent rusting.
- Trailer bins and frames: - renew your trailer with a tough and hard wearing bin coating by applying FlexsoTar™.
- Steel and metal structures
- Seal and water proof timber and plywood structures
- Water proof brick and block work
- Water proof concrete floors: - FlexsoTar™ can be used under carpets.
- FlexsoTar ™ is a versatile water proof and surface protection sealer.
- FlexsoTar ™ is ideally suited for major roof repairs and is compatible with our GilsoFlex ™ roof paint and sealer
- FlexsoTar ™ is non-corrosive to metals
- Easy to mix as our kit contains the correct quantities of PART-A (co-polymer) and PART-B (hardener)
- The pot life is 2 hours and the product will be fully set after 6 hours
- FlexsoTar ™ can be left as the final finish and does not require further painting.
- If it is used to repair leaky roofs we recommend a top coat with GilsoFlex ™ Roof sealer and paint.
For more detailed information please see our documents below.
Ensure the surface to be coated/sealed is dry and clean; remove any old, loose or flaked paint or rust, moss, lichen, old silicone sealer, etc. before application. Rust does not need to be pre-treated and FlexsoTar™ can be applied directly onto rusty surfaces although for best results it is recommended to use our, RUST TREATMENT™, rust converter before application of FlexsoTar™.
FlexsoTar™ is available in either one (1) litre or two (2) litre quantities. The product is supplied as a two pack system consisting of PART A (Epoxy/Bitumen co-polymer) and PART B (Hardener). Add PART B (entire content) to the can containing PART A (This can is big enough to hold the entire content of PART A and PART B).
FlexsoTar™ can be left as the final finish and does not require further painting. If it is used to repair leaky roofs we recommend a top coat with GilsoFlex™ Roof sealer and paint.
Clean hands with plenty of soap and water to remove any FlexsoTar™ before gelling occurs. It is recommended to use disposable gloves during application.
These documents contain important information about:
- Material Safety Data
- General Information
- Safe use
- First Aid
- Clean Up
- Available Packing Sizes
- and more information
Note: To view the following PDF documents, you will require some type of PDF-reader plugin on your system.
If you need an up-to-date plugin you can install Adobe's free PDF reader from here.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Product Data Sheet (PDS)