Asphalt Renew is a 100% New Zealand manufactured product, proudly brought to you by Biosymph Paints and Products.
It has been specially formulated to restore toughness, cohesion and depth of colour on asphalt, concrete and cement surfaces.
This product is compatible with bitumen and will chemically bond with the original asphalt. This is unlike typical paints which merely form a skin over the surface, causing flaking and delamination. The hard-wearing and durable coverage rendered by this product provides a degree of water repellence to the surface. It kills moss and lichen when applied and retards future growth.
Asphalt Renew is a bitumen/alkyd co-polymer with additional pigmentation which has a wide range of uses, including application on driveways, tarmac parking lots, paving blocks, retaining walls, etc. The surface is to be properly cleaned, dried and repaired before application. This may include filling large potholes or cracks with a suitable product, such as Fulton Hogan’s EZ Street. Minor oil stains, however, do not need to be removed as the product is directly applicable over these areas.
This coating is easy to use due to its low viscosity, and can be applied with a brush or roller. A soft broom may also be used. As using a soft broom may cause splatters against walls and other objects, it is recommended to do the trimmings with a brush or roller first and then fill in the bulk of the area with a soft broom. A re-coat is recommended after 3-4 years.
Asphalt Renew should be thoroughly mixed before application. 1 Litre will cover approximately 1.5 to 2.0 m² depending on the condition of the surface to be coated. Only one coat is typically required, dependent on the surface and colour depth required. This product becomes touch-dry and will not wash out under light rain after approximately 1.5 hrs. It can be driven over after 24 hrs.
The colour of this product is black.
Please note you can now select your prefered product packaging.
- Fills hair cracks and recolours asphalt, concrete and cement surfaces to provide hard-wearing and durable coverage
- Provides a degree of water repellence to the surface (particularly beneficial when used on concrete retaining walls)
- Kills moss and lichen when applied and retards future growth
- Can be applied straight over oil stains
- Compatible with bitumen, chemically bonding with the original asphalt to eliminate flaking or delamination of the substrate
For more detailed information please see our documents below.
Packaging: Available in 4, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre containers. Plastic jerry can, Metal flasks with bericap, Plastic open top paint bucket, Metal open top paint pail, Metal drum with bungs, and Plastic IBC in metal frame.
- Surface Preparation: The surface is to be properly cleaned and dried before application. It is recommended to do all major repairs to the surface before coating with Asphalt Renew. This may include filling large potholes or cracks with a suitable product, such as Fulton Hogan’s EZ Street. Minor oil stains, however, do not need to be removed as the product is directly applicable over these areas.
- Application: This coating is easy to use due to its low viscosity, and can be applied with a brush or roller. A soft painting broom may also be used (available from our website). As using a soft broom may cause splatters against walls and other objects, it is recommended to do the trimmings with a brush or roller first and then fill in the bulk of the area with a soft broom. Typically, only one coat is required, but this may depend on the condition of the surface. A re-coat is recommended after 3-4 years, as the surface will eventually grey again. It is recommended to apply this product during cool periods of the day – early morning or late afternoon. This is because hot substrates can cause blistering as vehicle solvents evaporate too fast. It is recommended to use disposable gloves and safety glasses during application. This product is ideally suited for outdoor use. If used indoors, however, ensure the product is applied in a well-ventilated area.
- Clean up: Clean hands with plenty of soap and water, or olive oil, to remove any Asphalt Renew. Equipment can be cleaned with mineral turpentine or kerosene.
- Safety: This product contains solvents and/or other chemical ingredients. Adequate health and safety precautions should be observed during all storage and use. Please refer to this product’s MSDS for complete safety information (available under the Extended Information Tab).
These documents contain important information about:
- Material Safety Data
- General Information
- Safe use
- First Aid
- Clean Up
- Available Packing Sizes
- and more information
Note: To view the following PDF documents, you will require some type of PDF-reader plugin on your system.
If you need an up-to-date plugin you can install Adobe's free PDF reader from here.
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Product Data Sheet (PDS)