BitPost ™ is an alternative product for Creosote or Carbolineum. It is a New Zealand manufactured bituminous oil based emulsion / polymer product.
Because of its rot-resisting and disinfecting effect, BitPost ™ is ideally suited for the preservation and staining of wooden structures such as Post and Rail fences, Retaining walls and Construction timber framing etc. It is also suitable to preserve in-ground planted posts.
Timber requires one coat only and One (1) Litre will cover approximately 2 to 3 Square Meters. On Post and (3 rails) fence 1 Litre will cover approximately 2 to 3 linear meters, stained on both sides.
- 4ltr will cover 8 to 12 Square Meters or 8 to 12 linear meters of Post & Rail Fence
- 20ltr will cover 40 to 60 Square Meters or 40 to 60 linear meters of Post & Rail Fence
- 200ltr will cover 400 to 600 Square Meters or 400 to 600 linear meters of Post & Rail Fence
BitPost ™ - Brush on is intended primarily for surface application by brushing, dipping or by airless spray equipment.
BitPost ™ - Brush on Gives an economical yet high quality finish which is ideal for larger projects.
A re-coat will be required after 3 to 5 years, where after it will last another 8 to 10 years before coating again.
The colour is black to very dark brown.
Please have a look at our BitPost ™ Fence Stain Application Pack for sale under the Consumables & Equipment category
BitPost ™ - Brush on is now also available at Cambridge, Thomsons Hamilton, Thomsons Whatawhata, Thomsons Papakura and Matamata Post & Rails ITM
- BitPost ™ is an alternative product for the use of Creosote or Carbolimium which has been limited and/or forbidden by some countries due to the introduction of stricter environmental regulations.
- BitPost ™ will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure
- BitPost ™ is non-corrosive to metals
- Can be used on other wood structures
- Suitable on in-ground Posts
- Will penetrate the timber rapidly
- For best results apply to dry timber
- BitPost ™ is idealy suited for:
- Horse Fencing : Horses will not nibble on coated fence
- Chicken Coops : BitPost will reduce the risk of RED MITE infestation
- Vegetable Gardens : BitPost can be used on boxes and stakes
For more detailed information please see our documents below.
Packaging: Available in 4, 20 and 200 Litre containers. Plastic jerry can, Metal flasks with bericap, Plastic open top paint bucket, Metal open top paint pail and Metal drum with bungs.
BitPost ™ is an oily water emulsion, water-soluble, non-flammable, black to very brown mixture from bitumen, water and petroleum components, smelling of tar.
BitPost ™ is a New Zealand manufactured, creosote alternative, bituminous emulsion / polymer product which will penetrate the timber rapidly due to its viscosity.
BitPost ™ gives a high degree of water repellence and will retard distortion, movement and splitting of timber, due to weather exposure.
BitPost ™ preserver is non-flammable and the treated wood, after drying, presents no greater fire hazard than ordinary timber.
BitPost ™ is non-corrosive to metals and can have a protective action on iron and steel.
BitPost ™ is non toxic and is safe around your animals.
These documents contain important information about:
- Material Safety Data
- General Information
- Safe use
- First Aid
- Clean Up
- Available Packing Sizes
- and more information
Note: To view the following PDF documents, you will require some type of PDF-reader plugin on your system.
If you need an up-to-date plugin you can install Adobe's free PDF reader from here.
BitPost Durability Test Report
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Product Data Sheet (PDS)
General Information Summary